Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

Here is the situation: As I was walking into work (I am a Lifeguard),

Here is the situation: As I was walking into work (I am a Lifeguard), I opened the door and cut my toe deeply. It started bleeding profusely! The manager of the place came and cornered me in the employee lounge. She didnt attempt any first-aid. I wanted to go and get it checked right away but she bullied me and wouldnt let me go. She said that I would inconvenience people and that it was too much paperwork, etc... My toe continued to bleed on the guard stand and while I was walking. It needed proper medical attention but I was bullied into staying on and working. The next day (sunday) I called the head manager and said that I couldnt get the bleeding to stop. He then said I could go to Exigent Urgent Care. I went and the doctor said that I should have come when it happened because it needed a stitch.
Can I sue my company at all for this???

Welcome and thank you for your question I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

I am sorry you have been injured. So did you ever fill out any paperwork for Worker's comp to cover the medical expenses?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The only I filled out was an employee accident report. Somebody did call me from the insurance company and said they are taking care of the bills

Ok. Good. Then that is your workmen's compensation. And, the purpose of workmen's' comp is to keep lawsuits from being filed against an employer.

Now, if the fact that you were detained caused you to have a more serious injury - for instance if you would have had to have your toe amputated, then it would be a lawsuit against the management.

But because the result of having the stitch was the same as if you would have gone the day of the accident, then is no basis for a lawsuit, unfortunately.