Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Dear XXXXX & Team, I have a Ridge Resorts (Ridge Tahoe, Nevada)Time

Dear XXXXX & Team,
I have a Ridge Resorts (Ridge Tahoe, Nevada)Time Share...paid $17k 15 yrs ago.....now have maint fees $950/yr. A company called Right Choice Transfer (RCT) offered a "get out of TS Program" for about $5k. Do you know them...are they legit? Is there something I can do to "Get Out" on my own for a lot less money?
They claim to bundle 100TS's and make a leveraged buy out with the TS Company...reduce the total maint fees and then rent out the units at a profit.
They offered to reduce their price plan to $4,250 and give a further credit if they can close with the TS Company before the next fee is due...next Jan 2014.
Is there a legal "exit" I can implement myself?
Thanks
John Pawlowski (XXX) XXX-XXXX XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good evening.

RayAnswers :

They are accredited by the BBB and have been

A BBB Accredited business since 11/16/2009.They are not a member.

BBB has determined that this business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.

They have an A- rating

They also claim that they have a 100% guarantee and take all responsibility for any future fees associated with the timeshares.

They also appear to be

Aston Marketing Group
2239 West 190th Street
Torrance, California 90504

Everything that I can find shows that both are legitimate companies. If you have a complaint and cannot resolve it with them, you can file a complaint with the BBB and the California attorney general.

they also own

http://timesharerelief360.wordpress.com/

which is also BBB accredited and rated B+

http://www.la.bbb.org/business-reviews/Time-Shares/Timeshare-Relief-Now-in-Torrance-CA-100008554

see the government action notice at the above BBB link.

But they are a legitimate company here in California.

RayAnswers :

You can contact the timeshare Ridge Resorts and see if they would accept a deed in lieu where you deed it back to them.

RayAnswers :

There are other alternatives here.

RayAnswers :

Donate for a cause is one that takes timeshare donations.

RayAnswers :

I would suggest looking/talking with some A+ rated resellers.Here is a BBB one in the area..

RayAnswers :

You can try Ebay and sell it yourself.

RayAnswers :

Any reseller here is going at some point want some $$$..

RayAnswers :

The only cheaper alternatives are if the timeshare Ridge Resorts would take a deed back of the property or EBay selling it yourself.

RayAnswers :

And a timeshare donation through the one I gave you above but they will want some $$$ to accept it as a donation as well.

Customer:

RCT claims it is impossible to get out other than their program and donations don't work with charities. What if I give it or sell it to a person who may go bankrupt? Will that kill the TS?

RayAnswers :

That would work.Once you are off the deed then the ts belongs to the new person.They can include it in the bankruptcy and eventually it goes back to the timeshare property in foreclosure.

RayAnswers :

It would be a means to get it out of your name.

RayAnswers :

I know these can be frustrating like an albatross here.

RayAnswers :

If you can transfer it to someone else that would be a great resolution for you.

Customer:

Is "Donate for a Cause" an Charity entity?

RayAnswers :

Yes and they usually want some fees as well as the time share.They sell it and make some donation here to charity.

Customer:

there is no market at these costs...do you know anyone who has exited?

RayAnswers :

But it would legitimately allow you to buy your way out.

RayAnswers :

Yes but they were creative--they found a buyer on ebay or a person who planned to bankrupt etc.

RayAnswers :

RCI timeshares have little value.There are a couple that have some reduced value.Hilton Grand Vacations is one.

RayAnswers :

Disney is another .But most of them are really hard to resell.

RayAnswers :

Now you can list with the reseller I gave you.They are legit no upfront fess, but at closing they are going to want a fee.

RayAnswers :

These guys would legitimately try to unload it for you and no upfront fees.

RayAnswers :

And your idea to transfer it to someone that may file bankruptcy is a great idea.

RayAnswers :

Then it is no longer you problem.and if they don't pay the fees or file bankruptcy then the company can only take it back.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for letting me assist you tonight and provide you information and resources.I appreciate the chance to do so.

RayAnswers :

I would consider a review of your options, talk to the reseller above see what fees are due at closing.Compare it to Right Choice and other options and take your best offer here to unload it.And transferring it to the person is another cheaper option.Thanks again.

RayAnswers :

Thanks so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer.

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating.

RayAnswers :

Thanks again for letting me chat with you.

Ray, Lawyer
Experience: 29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law