Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

I puchased a motor vehicle on 8/14/13. I puchased it through

I puchased a motor vehicle on 8/14/13. I puchased it through a dealer a dealer in Davie Florida for $6000.00. I gave them a 2500 deposit and I would finance the rest. I gave them the deposit on $8/8/13 for another vehicle that they won a bid on but the vehicle had engine problems. They contacted me and told me that I need to come and chose another vehicle. I asked them for my money back and they told me I would only get a portion of it. I went an chose an 2003 Acura MDX. While I was there the cops were call TWICE because people were complaining that their contract was wrong and that the price they were told was not what was sent to the finance company.
I got very nervous and asked for my money back. They told me those people situation is different from mine. I told them I need to see the figures before I sign the contract as I need to make sure if there are any discrepancies I can speak with the finance company. These people waited until 9:30 pm at night when I had already turned in my rental, and could not speak with anyone at the finance company in CA. to show me a contract they had already signed and nothing was explained. The vehicle price was not $9711.76 instead of $6,000.00 and interest rate on top of that. I told them I am signing the contact under duress.

I had to drive the vehicle to NY, I am still here with it. I contacted the Florida State attorneys office and reported my situation to them, They told me to contact the Dept of Highway safety and motor vehicles as well as the Dept of Agriculture an file a complaint because what they did illegal. I did so on 8/16/13. I notified Dexter of Arion Motors on Staurday that I refused to pay 15K for a vehicle that I would have purchase for $6k if I was paying cash and that I would like to pay cash for it. He said I should contact Westlake financial because the already paid them for the vehichle (which was not true)
Today I contact West lake and told them my situation and they told me they would cancel the contract which they did . Arion Motors called me and told me Westlake said they cancel the contract because I was not happy So I told him that is correct and I would like to get the bill of sale for the cash price. He told me it is the same bill of sale for $9711.76 and If I dont pay it within 24 hour my vehicle will be reported stolen and will repossessed. keep in might have the signed agreement for the 6000.00.
what recourse do I have as this is urgent. they have my 2500 which I will not get back .
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

My apologies but I must ask--if you saw that the price you were given and the price promised was so extremely different, why did you sign?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I had no choice, they told me I had to because they were closing their office an I would not get back my money it was 9:30 pm. As I stated I turned in back my rental. I also advised them I would contact the finance company which I did and they cancel the contact based on my complaint. Also the state of florida allows you 72 hours to back out of a contract which I did. I notified the state attorneys office who told me I did the right thing and told me the different entities to contact which I did immediately.

Thank you for your follow-up.

Good grief, what an utterly low and despicable type of business entity this was, I am genuinely sorry you went through that. Please understand that I was not attempting to judge at all, simply trying to figure out if you had any other option but to sign.

Their comment to you about it being 'stolen' is complete bunk. Inform them, in writing, that if they do not have a certified check waiting for you, you will file suit against them for breach of contract, fraud, misrepresentation, and deceptive sales practices ASAP. Also inform them that as the contract is 'void' based on the finance company and it was also reported tto the AG's office of consumer protection, should they refuse to provide you back with your funds, you will then demand that the state investigate them on your behalf. But this is NOT a stolen vehicle situation--as you have a $6,000 contract signed for which you placed a deposit, if you really want to be a bit of a jerk, and you can afford it, send them a check for the remainder, on which you place the words "paid in full" and the description for which vehicle you are you making the payment. Their behavior is not just unacceptable, it is criminal, and I do suggest you also contact the county DA's office for an investigation.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

can I file the suit via you?

Andrea,

My apologies but site rules forbid any of us from representing you off-site. If you are seeking counsel, please consider browsing the listings at www.avvo.com and www.martindale.com.

Good luck!

Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience: Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok thanks

Andrea,

You are most welcome. If satisfied, kindly do not forget to positively rate my answers so I can obtain credit for my work. Thank you!