Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

I was recorded by a customer at a local dinner, saying some

I was recorded by a customer at a local dinner, saying some things about the company I was working for. The customer put the info on his facebook page, and the company fired me. I went on with my life and received an interview with a new company, they said they wouldnt hire me because of what is on the facebook page. Do I have a case against the first company?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, as long as, you actually made the statements about the company and the information that this customer posted on his facebook is coming from you, it would be legal for the customer to post such information on his/her facebook page and unfortunately there would generally not be any legal recourse against the company against which you make some statements.

I know this is not an answer you were hoping for, but please do understand that I have professional obligation to provide customers with correct and accurate information, even when the answer is not favorable to the customer under the law.

I wish you the best of luck!