Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

Hello, I have been at my job over 10 yrs with a private

I have been at my job over 10 yrs with a private sector company. Have called off sick maybe 5 days in those years. I recently had a severe illness & was off work 2 months. I came back to work and they've given my job, my desk and changed my extension & contacts to a new girl, who is currently through a temp company. I lost everything. They now say they want me to be a floater in the office, in case i'm sick again. They also want me to fully train that girl to do my job properly. Can they do this to me? Thank u very much for your help. I'm really at a loss as to what to do.

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

If your pay was not decreased and they brought you back at the same pay and level of employment, then yes it is legal for them to assign a different position.

FMLA only legally requires that they bring you back at the same level and salary. It does not have to be the exact job