Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I was given a citation for child abuse after my daughter went

I was given a citation for child abuse after my daughter went missing for roughly thirty minutes because the police were incorrectly informed by construction workers who had seen my daughter that she was in their sight a block away from my house for 45 minutes. What do I need to take to court, and should I hire legal representation?

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Is it child abuse, negligence or abandonment, please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It says "Failure to supervise" on the citation paper

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Also, we had called the police ourselves to report her missing within 10 minutes of realizing she was gone. Based on our timeline, there was absolutely no way she could have been outside for 45 minutes, let alone where she was found

Thank you for this information.

I suggest that you will want to at least consult with a local attorney as this could lead to child protective services getting involved and you do not want that - you do not want to be placed on a "watch list" so to speak

A local attorney, or if you qualify the public defender, should be able to nip this in the bud and get it dismissed