Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

My young child got his arm stuck while sitting in a shopping

My young child got his arm stuck while sitting in a shopping cart today at a shopping center, it was traumatic and stressful trying to get his arm unstuck. He was crying, it was painful for him. Ems arrived to check him they said he was ok but I am upset that this happend and he was in pain because of it.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

How did your child get his hand stuck in the shopping cart?

Did your child suffer any permanent injury and was he medically treated for this injury?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was reaching behind him to get something from the back of the shopping cart and got his arm stuck in the metal bars. A asked a store employee to get me baby oil to try and remove his arm from the metal bars, that did not work. The store called ems and while they were on the way another store employee grabbed one side of the bar as I grabbed the other and thankfully that freed him arm. No permanent injury was done to his arm but he does have a small bruise and it was very traumatic.
Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your follow up.

I am sorry to hear about what happened to your child and I completely understand how frustrating and scary this experience has been for you and your son.

Unfortunately, it would generally not be legally possible to pursue a legal claim for injury or pain and suffering possibly based on the faulty design of this shopping cart, unless the child had suffered some type of permanent / serious injury and also incurred medical bills as a result.

Thankfully, your child was not seriously hurt in this unfortunate accident, so it would generally not be possible to pursue a legal claim for a minor injury that has occurred.

I wish you and your family the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney