Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer and legal specialist.

If during a corresponding with a company about shipping items

If during a corresponding with a company about shipping items that i bought online the cutomer service employee ends his email to me by this sentence above his signeture:
Keep on barking!!!
What are my obtions to sue him
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.

There really isn't a basis to sue someone for that statement. It's rude, but being rude isn't a basis for a lawsuit.

There isn't anything defamatory in that comment. It doesn't indicate any illegal forms of discrimination. It's not a threat of violence. In essence, it presents no basis for any sort of suit against him.

You can report the behavior to his higher level manager, who may take some internal action against him. You can show others the exchange to discourage their use of that particular company.

But there isn't a lawsuit there. Sorry.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You think insult is okay legally, when he address a person with words that emply he is a dog since people do not bark, i am a saudi woman in our country we do not say this word to a human unless we mean to insult him

You have to understand that, in this country, there is a difference between what is okay and what is legal. Not all things that are inappropriate are necessarily illegal.

There are numerous things which, I agree, are totally not okay. They are rude, improper and immature. But most of them are not illegal.

In this situation, that comment is not illegal. In our country, unlike where you are from, there is no lawsuit for verbal insults.

A verbal threat is one thing and could be the basis for a lawsuit, but on these facts there is no lawsuit. If I could tell you that you could sue, I certainly would. I have no motivation other than trying to give you the answer that you would like to hear, but I can't here because there is no lawsuit that you can bring on those facts.

Even if he meant to insult you, and I believe he did, it's just not the basis for a lawsuit in the U.S. That is, it seems, one major difference between the legal systems.