TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I am a massage therapist and a health coach. I want to know

I am a massage therapist and a health coach. I want to know what I have to do to do both under a business name if I want to. I live in Texas.

Thank you for your question.

The fact that you are working under a license as a massage therapist does not prevent you from opening a business in which you provide both services. If you wish to incorporate, you would simply need to file an article of incorporation as an LLC with the Texas Secretary of State, and then you can operate under that business name. You can find the needed form here:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I should have been more specific. You say I can use my name and have someone write me a check for both services and they do not have to be exclusive, but I also need to understand why I would choose another option.

Choosing to incorporate your business is a way to protect your personal assets from liability on claims against your business. It also can provide tax benefits if you do the accounting correctly (i.e., when you own your own corporation there are many expenses you can write off to reduce your tax liability).

Those are the general reasons you would want to incorporate.