Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I am 75 have never had a birth certificate no record of birth

I am 75 have never had a birth certificate no record of birth I am listed in the 1940 census I have a state ID for Arizona also a voter card. I moved to Florida last year and can not get either in this state without a birth certificate. Whatever can I do?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Under ARS 36-333.02, if no birth certificate was ever filed for, you must apply to the Registrar of Vital Records in AZ for a "Delayed Birth Certificate." Because the birth was prior to 1970, you need to provide any proof you have showing your actual date of birth (the registrar can waive some of the requirements at his discretion) and the registrar will issue a birth certificate which will include a list of the documents used to prove the birth date.

Thus, you need to file an application for delayed birth certificate to obtain a birth certificate you now required. See: AZ Delayed Birth Certificate.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.