Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

My mother lives in a mobile home, which she owns. She fell

My mother lives in a mobile home, which she owns. She fell yesterday as a result of a uneven entrance to her home. She has tripped numerous times. She pays monthly space rent she toldt the owners and their response was they could not do antything to repair the pavement. What I need to know is who is responsible for repairs. She is 86 years old and lives alone. So I do worry that she could fall again and get hurt worse than yesterday. Thank you.

Char

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Colorado Stat., Section 38-12-212.3 provides that the landlord is required to maintain the premises of a mobile home park. "Premises" is defined to include "grounds, areas, and existing facilities held out for the use of home owners generally or the use of which is promised to the home owner." Section 38-12-201.5(5). If a landlord negligent fails to maintain or repair premises after being notified that there is a problem, or in circumstances where he should know there is a problem, the tenant can sue for damages.

Another option would be to file suit against the landlord seeking an order requiring them to make repairs, based on that statute.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.