Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

Can a warrant be issued for me if I choice to skip out on a

Can a warrant be issued for me if I choice to skip out on a commercial contract.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

A criminal warrant cannot be issued for a person who has breached a contract. That's not a crime. The only way that a warrant would be issued is if, for example, there was evidence that the contract was entered with the intent to defraud and the person who walked away basically took money upfront and ran - because that's theft. Otherwise, if a person does not comply with his obligations under the contract, the other party's recourse is to go civil court and file a lawsuit for damages.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.