TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

In NC, if I pay for a woman to come over and give me a private

In NC, if I pay for a woman to come over and give me a private lap dance (I am fully clothed) is that illegal? Is it illegal if I ask her to satisfy herself while I watch?

Thank you for your question.

In North Carolina, the state legislature has empowered local governments to set regulations regarding sexually oriented businesses, such as adult dance performers which you reference.

Whether the dancer may actually touch you while giving you the lap dance will depend on your specific location (i.e., will be controlled by local ordinance). Some cities allow it, some don't.

However, as for the second part of your question, this would violate the "Indecent exposure" law NCS Section 14-190.9 exposing both the performer and yourself to charge of a Class 2 misdemeanor.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Follow up question, I have always read that if you ask an individual if they are law enforcement, that if they are they have to inform you of such. Is this the case? Or is that just movie talk? In addition, would (is it allowed?) for local law enforcement do anything like provide a lap dance in order to "entrap" me to asking for more?

It's an urban myth that a law enforcement officer who is undercover has to identify themselves.

They can also pose as lap dancers to entice you to proposition them. However, they cannot entrap you (i.e., tell you that it's ok to ask them to touch themselves, or otherwise offer the service to you).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Last question on this, if I were to receive a lap dance and the said individual were to start "touching themselves" without me giving them direct instruction to do so and direct my hands to certain areas of their body, first I know a cop probably wouldnt go that far, but secondly, would that then be considered illegal? Absolute last question on this wierd subject on my part.

No worries.

If the undercover cop started doing this, then they would in fact be breaking the law, which would constitute entrapment from that point forward. If they did it without being asked and you just sat there an watched, then you have not done anything illegal at that point.