Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer and legal specialist.

Can I sue my employee? he talk lie about me, he told one of

Can I sue my employee? he talk lie about me, he told one of my other employee that I become a manager because I have sexual relation with the business owner, which is not true.can I sue him?
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.

Yes, you technically can. When someone tells a third party a false statement of fact, like this, it is called defamation of character.

Now, this is why I say "technically." Part of suing someone is showing a financial loss. This is called "damages." Without being able to show that you were fired, or are losing business or opportunities because of this lie, the damages in your case won't be very high.

Allegations of sexual relationships are presumed to cause some damage, so you might get a little money out of it, but not a lot. So, this is probably a case that would be better to bring in small claims court rather than hiring an attorney to go to full state court.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Experience: Lawyer and legal specialist.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok in my case I their is no damage, I am steel working and very thing fine, but the owner didn't hear that this guy is saying all this. In Fact he is a lawyer him self. I don't want to tell him because its trash talk. Do you think it's going to be a wast off time and money? That's what ever body's telling me but I want to make this guy stop talking about me.
Well, if you go to small claims, it wouldn't be a waste of money. You'd probably get that money back that it cost to file the claim. It would possibly be a waste of time, but that's really up to you, because it's your time.

You might consider, if you want to make the person stop, hiring a local attorney for a single task....writing a "cease and desist" letter, threatening suit for defamation. That usually gets people to shut up.

I'm sorry. I don't understand your rating my service as poor.

What was poor about my service? I addressed not only your question, but a follow up question too. I told you the law and the practical side of the issue. I told you another option beyond suing that might help.

Please explain to me your rating of my service as poor.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry I was meant to heat great, Thank you
No problem. Take care.