Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Hello I have a 10 year old daughter who needs braces . She

Hello I have a 10 year old daughter who needs braces . She also lives with my ex-wife. My relationship with my ex-wife is not good. I'm fearful that my ex is trying to stick me with the bill for the orthodontist. The orthodontist is being very vague about how much it will cost. When I spoke with the receptionist on the phone all she wanted was my insurance information. If I give them my insurance information does that make me legally responsible for the whole bill? The receptionist said my ex had signed the financial responsibility paper already but she may have lied??

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

JD 1992 :

No, giving them your insurance information did not make you responsible for the whole bill.

Customer:

Hello Are you able to read my question that I already sent?

JD 1992 :

The question that is showing is asking if you are responsible for the while bill since you provided your insurance info. My answer was no, that does not make you responsible.

JD 1992 :

There were some facts as well, but that was the question that was and is showing.

Customer:

I don't understand the last part ??

JD 1992 :

I was just pointing out that i could see where you explained your situation and then asked a question.

Customer:

ok thank yo for the piece of mind I had told the dentist office that I wasn't responsible I just wanted a second opinion!!

JD 1992 :

You're very welcome and I'm glad I could be of some assistance.

Customer:

good night

JD 1992 :

Good night to you as well and best wishes. Please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I'd suggest Excellent) so I get credit for my work.

Mark, thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.