Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Im about to send the email and I feel it might be necessary

I'm about to send the email and I feel it might be necessary to tell him that others know about everything. You have to understand something. Not only is there over $100k owed but his entire livlihood as a JAG Lawyer is on the line. If he's lost the money and the investigation doesn't go well for him he could be dishonorably discharged and disbarred from practicing law. He's also proven that he has no morals and is willing to go to whatever ends it takes to get what he wants. What can I add to let him know that if anything were to happen to me he would be the number 1 suspect?

JD 1992 :

There is really no good way to do that. You could add a line like "I have placed a copy of all materials related to this case with my attorney should they be needed but I trust we can keep this amicable."

JD 1992 :

That's the only way to say it without being blunt.

JD 1992 :

You may, however, want to consider getting a lawyer involved just to act as a buffer in this case.

JD 1992 :

That may provide you some reassurances and it shouldn't be very expensive.

JD 1992 :

I have to step away from the computer for about 15 minutes or so. If you have any follow up questions you can put them in this thread and I will pick up as soon as I return.

Customer:

Is it possible to replace the word "attorney" with "several trusted sources"?

Customer:

Didn't mean to press enter. Disregard my question up to this point.

Customer:

What if I rewrote the question to say:

"I have cataloged all materials related to this case and placed them with several trusted sources should they be needed but my hope is that we can keep this amicable."?

Customer:

Reason being? I haven't lied to him about anything and I don't want to get caught stating that an attorney holds all the data when they actually don't... yet. Does that make sense?

JD 1992 :

I am back.

JD 1992 :

Yes you can replace the wording.

JD 1992 :

The wording you suggest is excellent.

Customer:

Thank you :-)