Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Living in hi-rise building in Miami, FL. The chance for hurricanes

Living in hi-rise building in Miami, FL. The chance for hurricanes are very real and last year we had water(during storms) and wind(all the time) come in our sliding glass doors. Living on 14 floor that is not good. The question is what government agency(city, county, state or federal) should we contact to inspect this building to see if it is in violations of any code.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your situation.

The question is what government agency(city, county, state or federal) should we contact to inspect this building to see if it is in violations of any code.

This would be on a local level, not federal. This would be a complaint to the Miami-Dade County Unsafe Structures Board. The number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNor(NNN) NNN-NNNN However, you may have to be transferred several times - be clear that you wish to file a complaint about a possible unsafe structure and eventually you will be routed the proper individual.

Good luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)