Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Can a member be suspended from a private club without knowing

Can a member be suspended from a private club without knowing what other members complained about this member?
Hello

Thank you for requesting I help with this.

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Unfortunately, the answer is yes. As a private club they may establish whatever process they want to suspend members. The only way there would be recourse, is if the club is receiving federal dollars then if they do not follow their own policies and apply them to everyone the same it could be discrimination.

But most private clubs are that way for a reason and they are not getting federal money.