socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Im from Arizona, court ordered that my daughters father visitation

Im from Arizona, court ordered that my daughter's father visitation during summer would be from thursday to sunday. He texts me that he'll pick her up tomorrow but court ordered today and if he doesnt show up when visit schedule he forfeits visitation. My daughter starts class til august 7th. So my question is can he change things just like that when ever he wants to and not respect court order??
Please advise

Court orders are strictly interpreted. If the orders state that the father forfeits visitation, then that is the order. Period.

You can consent to father's late pickup. But, you don't have to consent. This is your choice to make.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So there is no problem if i had officer document incident?

Another issue different court ordered for a minor passport to be issued it doesnt state us passport book or uspassport card just minor passport. So i chose the us passport card but father of my child insists the card is not a passport. I only agree to the passport card, what can i do?

A: No problem at all.

A: You would have to file a motion in court to have the judge make a new order concerning the passport. As previously stated, court orders are strictly interpreted. If the current orders are ambiguous, then you cannot force the other parent to follow them. All you can do is ask the court to modify the current orders, so that they are specific with no "wiggle room" for the other parent to disagree.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So i guess i do have to do that because he wants the book and i want card only. Okay thank you much very helpful have a good evening.