Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

I am divorced in Texas. My previous spouse is going through

I am divorced in Texas. My previous spouse is going through a second divorce with her current husband. This person has taken property that I purchased for my 4 daughters in my ex-wive's custody, he has also taken items purchased for my daughters that were purchased with child support. Is he legally allowed to do that. BTW: The divorce is just filed not final, they have not seen a judge. He has just taken it upon himself to take things prematurely. Is that legal.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.

The husband is not permitted to take your children's property. However, it is up to their mother to assert her rights to that property on behalf of her daughters. She would need to bring a motion for the court to order him to return the property.

However, it is not the fact that the property was bought with child support, but that it was not marital or community property.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, Daron, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.