Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

We are trying to access public record in Pasco County, Florida(where

We are trying to access public record in Pasco County, Florida(where he lived and died) to see if our father has a will.
So far we have been unsuccessful.
What do you suggest we do to find out if our father has a will?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

FL does not have probate records online only minimal documents which would not give you the information you are seeking as the will would not be online. I am afraid that you are going to have to get someone to go to the probate court clerk to look in the file physically, which is where any will would be filed, or you have to call the clerk at the Pasco County Probate court (http://www.pascoclerk.com/public-courts-svcs-info.asp) and ask them to look in the probate record for a will.

Unfortunately, aside from the will being filed in the probate court, FL does not register wills prior to probate, so the will would not just be on file somewhere I am afraid. If you knew your father's attorney, you could contact the attorney as they usually maintain a copy of their client's wills.

Also, the FL probate court requires an attorney to file any probate by the FL Probate Code.

If the will cannot be located through his attorney or in a safe deposit box or in his personal belongings I am afraid it would not just be registered someplace other than probate court when probate is opened and not before.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please inform me if there is a will and-if possible- who is listed as executor and inheritors. If it is not possible to find, what we have is enough. Thank you so much

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am very satisfied with the info you have given me!

I am sorry, we cannot access the clerk's office for those records, as we said they are not online. You have to call the clerk's office directly and get the information from the clerk.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you again. I will tell my siblings to check it out-since they are in the USA.

Francine Root-Adler

Thank you very much.