Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I need a vendor state approved for New Jersey for installing

I need a vendor state approved for New Jersey for installing and monitoring an Interlocking Device . I have moved from New Jersey to the Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti area. The DMV in New Jersey has stated 1 year of the monitoring device. Can it go through as a volunteer request reporting to NJ.. I contacted American Interlock in Ann Arbor on Jackson and they are not approved for NJ
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

We get this issue constantly with the way people move around and we are amazed that the states do not have any real reciprocal agreements on these situations. You are going to have to get the NJ DMV to approve one of the local services like American Interlock and that means American Interlock is going to have to agree to cooperate with NJ DMV and send them the information they require for approval. There are no really cooperative agreements between the states for interlock monitoring.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.