Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Following my question: Is there a mechanism or procedure that

Following my question: Is there a mechanism or procedure that we can use to expose this person to the proper authorities and how can we proceed to do it if possible? I understand that the limit period to do that is 6 years, which will expire in June 2014.
Hello friend, thank you for requesting me and I hope all is well.

Just to clarify, what has she done wrong, exactly? List everything (or is whatever was provided under 'optional information' was it)?

Also, when did you send the information to IRS, exactly?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Being married since 1998 and having 2 daughters in 2004 plus my son buying the marital home in 2002, she listed in her application for the house she bought in 2008, to be unmarried, with no dependents, signing to use the new home as her personal habitat and having sole ownership of the marital home which she declared to have it rented for $2,000/month. That way she obtained from HUD, through Bank of America a loan for $184,000 with only a salary of $34,000/year.

For the IRS she declared to be Head of Household, while still legally married to my son, to be a Teacher, when she is only Staff Assistant at Chicago Pubic School System, to be living in the house recently acquired and having no other support or income, obtained other discounts not entitled while they were filing joint returns from 1998 till 2007. I sent this information in August or October 2012.

For the School lunch program she filed false statements regarding her financial status, lack of additional income and listing dependents as living with her and assisting them in their needs.

J,

Thank you for that clarification. The issue is that a federal agency may take months to act. So it is not surprising that they have no yet actually done anything. They may have begun an investigation, but they seldom jump the gun before they have all the facts.

You have stated that you had contacted both IRS and HUD. First, let is make sure you used the proper reporting for both.

IRS - here.

If this is not the form you use, then it should be.

HUD - here.

You are telling me that you used a "form" for HUD - you may wish to follow up and use the contact points above to file another report, also mentioning that you had filed previously.

For this, you can report her fraud here.

All it takes is patience. The federal/state agency investigating is not going to tell you that they are investigating, because they do not share information about an ongoing investigation. But they do take every complaint seriously. It just takes a lot of time because they want to build their case before approaching any individual with this matter.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your encouraging words, and specially for the information provided to the best approach to the IRS, HUD and the Chicago Public School system. One more question: I heard there are whistle blower attorneys. Is that a good way to proceed or they are more interested in big cases of massive fraud and do not take single cases like mine?

My sincere apologies for the wait and thank you for your kind words.

One more question: I heard there are whistle blower attorneys. Is that a good way to proceed or they are more interested in big cases of massive fraud and do not take single cases like mine?

Perhaps this does not quite fit the profile for "whistle-blower." This is meant for when generally, one is an employee of an entity that is breaking the law, and calls their employer out for doing so.

Here, you are simply giving a "tip" to someone abusing the system.

Thank you for your gratuity.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's all. Thank you. Good bye. I'll follow with the links you provided. If something else comes up, I will call you..

Good luck, J.