TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I need legal advise on what to do.i made a loan with a title

I need legal advise on what to do.i made a loan with a title loan company ande they made a mistake with the interest .they dont want to make any adustment for our payment or even help us at all.what and who should i talk to
Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.

When you say they "made a mistake with the interest" are you meaning to say that they listed a different interest rate than what you thought you were getting in the contract you actually signed?

Or are you meaning to say the contract you signed says that you would get one interest rate, but they are actually charging you a higher interest rate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We signed a contract for a different interest and i came one day to make my payment the agent put it on a different account coz i had two accounts.they realized the mistake n rewrote the contract but didnt change the interest rate in the system..we found out when i came to make my payment that the rate went up.so i keep asking for them to adjust the interest rate and the total amount from thae day that they made the mistake.they gave us the credits but never adjust anything else.the last they gave us 25percent off on our next payment..they are refusing that discount also so we didnt make the payment today because its not fair that he is treating us like that and its not our mistake
Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.
OK. So you have a signed contract which states that you are supposed to get one interest rate and they are charging you a higher one? Yes???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and they did change it back to the correct one after two months
Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.
OK,

So, if I understand you correctly, they are charging you the correct rate now, but they will not refund you for the overcharge they did for a two month period.

You can sue them for this in small claims court to recoup the overcharge of interest.

How long do you suspect it will take you to pay back the entire loan?

How long ago did this mischarge take place?
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found out in january and the manager has been giving the run around eversince.i went to make my payment today and he refuse to take the 25 percent discount that was given to me and im worried because i didnt make the payment he want me to just make the who,e payment without the discount
Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.
OK, now you've confused me.

What do you mean discount?

Are you saying that they promised to discount the amount that you had to pay in order to make up for the overcharge, and now they won't do it and asked you to pay whats on the contract?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The discount is not part of the contract its a 25 percent card that they give u and u can use it towards ur payment for the following month..thats the discount that he now refused to give us just because we been compaining about our account and the mistake...this discount has nothing to do with the credit they gave us...each customer will be given a 25 percent card to help with their next oayment
Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for letting me know.

His refusal to honor the discount card that they gave to you is illegal. However, you have to continue on with your payments, or you will be found to be in breach of contract.

One party's breach does not entitle the other party to breach. You owe the money back on the loan no matter what, so you need to continue paying.

In the meantime, you need to go ahead and file suit in small claims court for "breach of contract" and ask for (1) the amount of interest they overcharged you; (2) the amount you would have been discounted had they honored the discount card; and (3)the cost of filing suit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou very much i really appreciate ur help
Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN
TexLaw, Attorney