dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  35 plus years representing clients with their legal issues

i received an overpayment letter from SSD, apparently I owe

Customer Question

i received an overpayment letter from SSD, apparently I owe 40,000. My wife does not live in my home and is not dependent on my income, do I need to list her income. We have bills that we pay together
Expert:  dylatess replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 34 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

I am glad to read that you have filed for a waiver of overpayment. You should also have filed the form request for reconsideration. If you have not, do so immediately. Note, even if you are not divorced, but living separate and apart, you do NOT need to list her income. I wish you well..

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Trying to fill in the form for waiver is quite overwhelming as I am on anxiety and pain medications but anyways I have question regarding assets. We have accumulated a home in Texas where my wife stays, a home in Utah that our daughter rents, a non existent lot at Ft Clark Springs in Brackettville, Texas, a rundown doublewide trailer in a trailer park in Utah where our son lives but doesn't pay for anything and an acre lot next to theTexas home as well as a residence in Las Vegas,NV where I live at. Do I have to list all these properties as both names are XXXXX XXXXX deeds?

For sure the Vegas property. And if you claim the rent that you receive from your daughter on your tax returns, then you must list that property as well. As for the other properties, if they have equity (Texas home and lot, and acre lot) they have to be listed as well. You do not have to list the trailer.

Please rate my answer ok or better so that I am compensated for assisting you. Thanks.

dylatess, Attorney
Experience: 35 plus years representing clients with their legal issues
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Sorry about all this spur of the moment questions. We own an RV also but has been in storage since the price of all fossil fuel has went through the roof. Neither of us uses it. Do I have to list that and no it has no equity as a matter of fact probably upside down. We owe $65K and have tried selling it for $50K numerous times but economy really bad-no takers. We lease a 2011 Lincoln MKX. Since that really isn't my property does that have to be listed? One more thing, savings, we have money in savings because we had an insurance claim this past winter when deck roof collapsed on house in Utah. According to my mortgage company when they released the funds to me that I needed to reinvest that money back into the property putting a roof back on deck. Do I have to let SSA know about this money in savings? You've been great answering my previous questions and will let you off soon and give you a great rating.

Sir, I have answered your initial and follow up question. And you are not being forthright with me coming up with additional assets. I do not feel comfortable answering any more of your questions.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry I didn't mean to make u uncomfortable I'm just going down
The form and asking u questions as they are coming up
I should have waited until I read the whole form then asked questions
Thank u anyway
You are welcome.