TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

when is it necessary to hire an attorney for workers comp?

Thanks for your question. I'm very sorry to hear about this frustrating situation.

If you hire an attorney to represent you in this matter, it will speed up the process, as an attorney will understand the law and will be able to pressure the comp insurer to approve the procedures, or will call for a hearing to have the procedures approved.

Has your doctor taken you off work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i work what i am able to - 4- 6 hours a day - workers comp covers up to 40.

the issue i have is they keep dragging their feet - not only am i incontinent (i am 40 yrs old) i continually lose the feeling in my left arm which leaves me in extreme pain, i am doped up just to function

my boss is losing patients with me.. its just a basic situation that has gone from bad to worse.

i was just refered to a surgeon which is going to put me out of work completely and i will have to pay for my cobra benefits which i dont feel is right.

I'm very sorry to hear this. I have dealt with many clients with injuries similar to yours and I understand how very painful and difficult they are.

Unfortunately, your employer is entitled to drop your insurance benefits while you are on a workers compensation claim under the law if you are not able to pay the full amount or no longer qualify for the benefit under the terms of employment.

I think you should go forward with seeking a local workers compensation attorney to represent you with the compensation insurance carrier, and with your employer. That is the only way to ensure that you will get a speedier resolution to your claims.