ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney

If I have a grievence against the TSA, do I file in the state

If I have a grievence against the TSA, do I file in the state where the airport is located or where I live?

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

TSA actually has a complaints department, so you would not complain in your state (unless your state is Virginia). The address is :

Transportation Security Administration
Civil Rights & Liberties, Ombudsman and Traveler Engagement (TSA-6)
Multicultural Branch
701 S. 12th Street
Arlington, VA 20598

ScottyMacEsq :

Once you file the complaint, a Specialist will be assigned to handle your complaint and will send you an acknowledgement of receipt of your concern. The Specialist’s responsibility is to attempt to resolve your concern. The Specialist may conduct a fact-finding inquiry into the complaint. If a fact-finding inquiry is conducted, the Specialist will review the available facts and will recommend findings as to whether or not the incident complained of constituted unlawful discrimination, harassment, or retaliation. Based on the findings, the Specialist may also recommend measures be put in place, such as conducting additional training to resolve the concern. The findings and recommendations will be reviewed and approved by management. A final response letter will be sent, which will outline the findings and recommendations if any. The time frame for resolving a matter is 90 days from receipt.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!

ScottyMacEsq :

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

ScottyMacEsq :

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response.

Thanks for your help. I have been "felt up" by two sets of TSA agents in the past 10 days. The first group at BWI was not satisfied with one "feeling up" the went back for a second feel. The second group in Texas at Hobby Airport, after I took off my shirt and they saw that I had nothing on under my shirt except my bra still insisted on doing their feel. Both instances were rediculous given that I had a pair of crop pants, a T-shirt , my 2 necklaces, my wedding rings, and my glasses. I can go through the scanner and have no problem, and travel often, so I feel very sure the sensisitivity of the machine has been increased. I also bruised my foot on one of their metal tables trying to comply with their stand here stand there nonsense. I am 64 and have never felt quite so pissed or violated.