Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

WE CO-SIGNED A CONTRACT ON A KENWORTH TRUCK FOR OUR NEPHEW.

WE CO-SIGNED A CONTRACT ON A KENWORTH TRUCK FOR OUR NEPHEW. HE DEVELOPED A TUMOR IN BRAIN AND COULD NOT DRIVE-WE STARTED MAKING THE PAYMENTS ON THE TRUCK AND DID NOT KNOW IF HE WOULD BE ABLE TO RETURN TO TRUCK DRIVING---HE DID AND THEN DID NOT WANT TO TAKE THE TRUCK BACK. IT IS PAID OFF NOW, BUT WE FEEL THAT THE SITUATION WAS NOT HANDLED CORRECTLY, DO WE HAVE ANY RECOURSE?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.

You may have a claim against the nephew for breach of contract. If there was a written or oral agreement that he would contribute his share of the costs of the truck or drive the truck to contribute to payments, then his refusal to do so is a breach of that agreement for which you could sue to recover his share of the expenses.

The Idaho statute of limitations for oral contract claims is 4 years and 5 years for written contracts.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Loren, Attorney
Experience: 30 years experience representing clients.

good answer

Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):  http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-JudgeLaw/

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.