CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

Im a contractor suing a company for failing to pay me. Its

I'm a contractor suing a company for failing to pay me. It's been 7 months. Can I add my time in court to the amount of the lawsuit? Meaning a full work days pay?

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. Unfortunately, the lost income due to litigation is not a recoverable cost.

William B. Esq. :

I wish I had a better answer go for you, but I want to give you an accurate statement of the law so that you can plan accordingly.

Customer: Thank you. Now in the original contract there was nothing about late fees, but I sent emails stating that they would be charged a late fee if I didn't receive payment by a certain date. Can I add the late fees to the total amount that I'm suing for?
William B. Esq. :

Late fees can only be charged if they are agreed upon between the parties. However, you may begin charging interest under a judgment due to statute.

Customer: How does the interest work?
William B. Esq. :

One you get a judgment it begins accruing interest at the maximum legal rate (right now in California it is 10 percent). This is automatic.

Customer: Ok great. Thank you for your help.
Thank you for the kind rating. I wish you the best of luck in this matter.