Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

What form do I need to remove an unlawful fireams carry charge

What form do I need to remove an unlawful fireams carry charge without conviction from my records? Charge is 13 years old and I cannot get a job because of this.

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

What you need is a Petition for Expungement but I'm not aware of any forms that are online. Attorneys draft their own.

JD 1992 :

Expungements are done so seldom that most form places won't have them.

JD 1992 :

You might try going to the local District Clerk's office and asking them to search for a case in which an expungement was applied for. You can then get copies of what was filed in that case and make up your own pleading from that.

JD 1992 :

However, just be aware that these are reasonably complicated and if they aren't done correctly the judge will deny it and then you can't apply again.

Customer:

can you tell me what information is in one of these petitions? Is it in letter form?

JD 1992 :

No, it is not. It is a formal legal petition. I can't tell you exactly what is in it because that is against the site rules but I can tell you that the statutes covering it are at http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CR/htm/CR.55.htm#55.01 and if you track the statute in your pleading then it will be correct.

JD 1992 :

If you will go to the District Clerk's and get a copy of one that has been filed and then compare it to the statute you will see what is required and why.

Customer:

thank you

JD 1992 :

That's the only way that I have ever seen anyone do it on their own and be successful.

JD 1992 :

And you're welcome.

JD 1992 :

Anything else I can assist with?

Customer:

not at this time, thanks again

JD 1992 :

Best wishes to you on this and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I’d suggest Excellent!) so I get credit for my work.

Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.