Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer and legal specialist.
20011183

I signed a contract last Thursday, which I intend to break

I signed a contract last Thursday, which I intend to break this Monday, which is within 72 business hour interval. I assume the weekend is not included in this interval. My question is: Does 72 hour rule apply to all the contracts in the US, including doctors and hospitals? Thank you
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.

Not all contracts are subject to the cooling off period. In fact, very few are.

Contracts for services to be rendered, on a continuing basis, to begin in the future, would be subject to the rule. Something like a contract for lawn care is a good example.

Another type of contract that is subject to the 72 hour cancellation rule is the is a home solicitation contract, where a person came to your door and sold you something.

Only business days count against the total number of days. Read here about how to cancel those types of contracts.

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/main/18c35b713adbd1ad85256cc90053b3bc!OpenDocument

Now, as for a doctor or hospital contract, I'm not really sure how that would fit under either of these two categories, so I'm not convinced that your contract can be canceled under this law.