Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Can a selecting official for healthcare workers under title

Can a selecting official for healthcare workers under title 38 discriminate based on age.

This specific selecting official has a pattern of only hiring dentists that are under 30 yrs old since 2006, neglecting those that are above 40 years old. The selecting official is a veterans administration employee

can title 38 allow for this type of hiring pattern
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Response: No. This age discrimination is illegal. The aggrieved applicants should file complaint with EEO Counselor at the agency. For the complaint process, click on the link below:

http://www.eeoc.gov/federal/fed_employees/complaint_overview.cfm

Age Discrimination Information:

http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/age.cfm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have the names an dages of the dentists selected since 2006 to present there are about 6 dentists that have been hired during these years.

Do you think I have a good case. I already filed an EEO complaint

Response: Unfortunately, I am unable to come to this conclusion because I am not privy to the experience and educational background of those applicants selected and those rejected or how each job applicant did on his/her employment interview. These are the information that the EEO Counselor would investigate and get answers to before arriving to a conclusion as to whether illegal discrimination took place. Unfortunately, I cannot make this decision from where I am sitting. I am sorry.