Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I am being charged with food stamp violation which is a feliny

Customer Question

I am being charged with food stamp violation which is a feliny but I told the food stamp ivestagator itwas not me I know I didn't do but she said to let her know when I'm ready to turn myself in. But I didn't do it and I live in wilson n.c what do I do?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 months ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

I need you to be a little more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what do I do" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

Customer : I don't know what to do about being charged for food stamp violation because they said someone bought beer and cigarettes with thefood stamp cardbut I don't drink or smoke it wasn't me but they are charging me with the felony
JD 1992 :

Once you are charged you can get a lawyer appointed but it would be much much better to hire one now if you can.

JD 1992 :

If you hire one now you may be able to head off the charge.

JD 1992 :

Have you gotten prices yet?

Customer : Hello no one has helped me
JD 1992 :

I have posted and asked another question. Can you see my posts?

Customer : So how come the police didn't pick me up if the investogator says I have a warrant if I have awarrant shouldntvi be in jail
JD 1992 :

Not necessarily. The police don't always arrest immediately when a warrant is issued.

JD 1992 :

Usually it will occur within a week or two.

Customer : Yes are u there I really need help
JD 1992 :

I am here.

Customer : Well am I I goint have this on my record or can the lawyerdimiss the charges
JD 1992 :

A lawyer can likely get something that won't appear on your record. It is extremely rate to get charges dismissed but in this case if he can get video of the person who used the card to make those purchased then it is possible.

Customer : No doo lawyers work on weekends in my county
JD 1992 :

Most lawyers don't work weekends unless they are getting ready for a trial and if they are doing that they won't answer their phones.

JD 1992 :

Do you have the money to hire an attorney?

Customer : Hello
JD 1992 :

Can you see my answers? If so please answer with just YES.

Customer : Hello
JD 1992 :

It looks like the CHAT function is having problems. I am going to switch it to a regular Q and A. PLease exit and reenter the question.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.