CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Upon a drivers request, may I bring a mobile clinic on the

Upon a driver's request, may I bring a mobile clinic on the private grounds of a Pilot Travel Center/Truck Stop to the requesting driver's truck, and do a DOT physical exam there, without permission from Pilot?

If not legal, may I use the mobile clinic to simply pick up the driver at his/her truck, and then take them off the grounds to do the DOT physical exam?

Any thoughts on how to make this happen without permission?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 years ago.

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would like to assist you with your legal question today.

William B. Esq. :

Using another person's property for purposes other than what the property is designed for would be trespass (the wrongful interference with another person's property interest). However, picking up a driver at a private location and taking them to another location for an exam would not be a trespass so long as you are not using the truck stop for any other purpose.

William B. Esq. :

To conduct this business on the truck stop properties lawfully, you will need to seek permission of the truck stop owner.