LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  7+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

my lanlords manager is trying to set me up and blackmailed

my lanlords manager is trying to set me up and blackmailed me pretty much if i didnt mmove out in 2 days
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. Why do you think he is doing this and what is he trying to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok well first my ex was ordered to pay rent in lieu of child support until 2013 may. he did this and we then verbally agreed he would continue instead of me filing for child supportwell he has not done this since may so my rent is 2 months late. I was just notified of this 3 weeks ago and said I would sell my car to get caught up on rent and that I had a date in court for child support n aug 7th. this mamager is a known snkae in my city and if he gets me out then he can sell the jouse and get commisson

Thank you for the additional information. How is he trying to set you up and blackmail you? Based upon what you shared with me, the rent is past due and owed, so what do you think he is doing illegally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know rent os owed I am not saying it is not, but I was not nitified until 3 weeks ago and was never served eviction he contacted me the other day because im trying to sell my car to get rent paid up, he said he knew of my upcoming custody issue and it wouldn't look good if I was kicked out of my house due to sanitary reasons, he then told mehe came to pick up my trash and called the city and I was given a ticket. he said if you egt kicked out of your house for sanitary reason s that wont look good in my custody case. I don't have a cusdoty case it is for child support, and he was saying if I didn't leave by Friday as in today that this is what he would do, I got home and the trash I had waiting for pick up was all over my yatd and drive way and my trash bin were gone. basically what he did was say and I have text messages to prove it that if I didn't get out by today he was going to have the city over here and deem me unsanitary over one weeks of trash that was in the bins waiting for pick up

The manager can not retaliate against you for any unpaid rent. If the rent is not paid, he first needs to sent the proper notice placing you on notice and then allowing you to cure it. If you fail to pay within the stated time, then the manager/landlord would have to proceed with eviction, through the court. It would be at this discretion to work with you and give you more time, to become current on the rent. He can not threaten you or make false claims and this is certainly something you can use against him in court. Moreover, he is not even involved in the child support case so he is not going to just appear and tell this to the Judge, since it is not even relevant. The fact that there is trash outside, waiting to get picked up, would not classify you or the home as unsanitary. Like I said above, he needs to evict you legally and while he can ask that you vacate, you can only be forced by order of the court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok right but is there nothing I can do about the fact that he tried to blackmail me out of the house

That is a criminal offense, so you could file a report with the police and present to them any evidence which you may have, in support of his actions. It is a crime against the State with you being a victim, so the police would have to determine if there is a basis to arrest him and turn the case over to the State for prosecution.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok how about him coming on my property with out notice and doing that to my trash or what about the harassing text messages? should I let me actual landlord know about this and this guy is also a real estate agent, should I let the state know. how can some professional run around and treat people this way? can he be sued as well from me for anything or would it be the state who does this. he also claims he called my trash company and got information on my account can he do this?

You can certainly sue him civilly for any damages which you suffered as a result of his action. You can certainly report his actions to the landlord and the State as well. As far as his ability to enter you property, he needs to give you reasonable notice and have a basis for it. If this man is harassing you, you may want to consider filing a no contact/ restraining order
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. So contact the police, my lanlord and if I contact the state who do I contact?

You are welcome. Here is the link to file a complaint.

http://mn.gov/commerce/topics/real-estate/complaints.jsp

Please let me know if there is anything else. If not, please remember to rate my help with 3, 4 or 5 faces, so I can get credit for my help. Thank you.
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience: 7+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.