Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

We are an LLC that is about to hire two independent 1099 contractors.

We are an LLC that is about to hire two independent 1099 contractors. We are putting together the contractor agreement and I have two questions:

#1) The company is incorporated in Delaware but the contractors will be working out of California (and their supervisor will be in California). Should the governing law of the agreement be California or Delaware? (or does it matter)?

#2) Is the company required to have insurance at this stage given that it will have contractors working for it? (the work is desktop/computer based with no physical risk).

Hi, Victor, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. If I have not Answered your question, please let me know and I will be glad to explain further,

1. A business may select the laws of any State to govern their agreements as long as there is some connection between the business and the State they choose;

2. As long as the independent contractors are not employees and the LLC does not have any employees, you would not be required to have workmen's compensation insurance, or unemployment compensation insurance,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,