Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My ex wife was removed from my insurance right after we got

My ex wife was removed from my insurance right after we got a divorce which was 11 months ago. She still had the insurance card so she tried to use my insurance to cover the birth of her newborn baby with another man. This took place about a month ago. My insurance company denied the claim but I received all the documentation in the mail where she tried to attempt to make the claim. Can I prosecute her or take any legal action against her for this?
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your situation.

Can I prosecute her or take any legal action against her for this?

Civilly, no. This is because she has caused you no loss. In order to sue someone, that party would have had to injure you in some way, or cause you a loss. This did not happen here.

However, criminally, she may be liable for insurance fraud if the prosecutor agrees to file charges. At least, the attempt thereof, rather. While the decision to file charges rests with the local authority, you may be the complaining witness that begins the process. This may be done by calling the Insurance Integrity Enforcement Bureau of the Mississippi Attorney General’s Office at(NNN) NNN-NNNN

I hope this helps and clarifies. Good luck.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)