TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

Severe speech disability due to auto accident in 1973. In 1981,

Severe speech disability due to auto accident in 1973. In 1981, I went to work for phone company(now at&t), reporting to a handful of people that knew of my speech problem. In 2088 I was put into a position where I was talking to potentially 200 was a nightmare, so I retired in 2011. I am certain that I was FORCED out because I did not bring a lawsuit from an occurrence in 2003(mugging on CO. property where Mngr changed my report).

Thank you for your question.

You are saying that you believe you were forced to retire in 2011 because you did not bring a lawsuit in 2003? Can you clarify what you mean by this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm too damn nice is what I mean and they kept asking me what I wanted. I kept saying "I don't know....just wanted the incident to go away." but a manager changed my incident report and left it on a printer by accident....I still have the changes he made to it. Made it appear NOT to happen on Company property.

How did this occurrence force you to retire?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In 1988 they PUT me in a job where I talked to potentially 200 people...It was a nightmare...hang ups, to ARE you technicians answering phone ONLY to pass phone around to get a GOOD laugh. I was eligible to retire 3/2/11, so I did.

Thanks for responding.

Your condition is protected under the Americans with Disability Act, which prohibits the creation of a hostile work environment based on the discrimination against a disability. Here, the fact that you were subjected to the ridicule of your co-workers making you feel the need to retire early may qualify as a hostile work environment case.

In order to press this claim, the law requires that you first file it with the EEOC. You may obtain information on the local filing procedures by contacting the local EEOC office, which can be found at .

Once the EEOC has investigated this, it will either issue a recommendation for the payment of a penalty (perhaps front pay for some years), or will issue you a "right to sue" letter, which will allow you to hire an attorney to press your claim in court.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,