Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

evergreen clause in Texas limitations, loop holes, and failure

evergreen clause in Texas limitations, loop holes, and failure to notify the contractee about renewal

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before
rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

What information can I provide for you - what is the question, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Texas State Laws definition of evergreen clause?

Does there exit any loop holes for failing to notify the person under contract about such a clause?

And thank you XXXXX is legal in contracts under Texas law.

The only loop hole would be if a person has died and did not give the proper notice as per the contract

Now, there is no legal obligation to remind anyone of the expiration date or what they must do to cancel before the expiration date - BUT it all must be stated clearly in the contract.

It is presumed that the person entering into the contract is going to read and understand it and so if it is clearly stated, that is the only "notice" they are going to get