Joseph
Joseph, Attorney
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law
18539850

how can i request a hearing on child support matters. i have

how can i request a hearing on child support matters. i have 2 cases that need to be consolidated into one. a
1 administrative 1 local all payable thru state enforcement unit
Good evening! I am a Florida family law attorney and I'd be happy to help. Before proceeding, it would be helpful if you could tell me more about what is going on with the two cases. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

in 2009 mother of my son filed for child support . was granted $662 a month. case #XXXXX in 2010 case#2 took her to court for visitation & to lower child support. child support was lowered to $500 a month. have been paying original amount $662 since new case order was granted in 2011. need help to get cases together for proper money amounts . i believe i am owed a huge refund

Normally, to modify child support, the parent would file the request in the original case, not in a separate case. So, why is it two separate cases? Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

first case child support only. when she wouldnt let me see my son i filed second case to get visitation and to lower support when i filed told about previous case now trying to get them consolidated together. how can i file a motion to get this going with both cases to be consolidated into one

From what you've described, it sounds like the first case was a DOR (Department of Revenue) action. Is that right?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes sir

You can file a motion to consolidate in the DOR action. The motion would state that there is another action that addresses the same issue (child support) while also addressing other issues (custody, time-sharing, etcetera). The motion would also state that the interests of judicial economy would be best served by consolidating the cases.

.

I've handled somewhere around twenty cases such as this and the motion has always been granted. My expectation is that your motion would be granted as well and the DOR action will be consolidated with the original action, thereby resolving your child support issue.

.
I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is there a certain form i need to make this happen your help is greatly appreciated very much

Some clerks of court keep standard forms for a variety of issues, check with your local clerk of court to see if they have such a form. If not, you'll need to draft it yourself. However, it won't be terribly difficult as it merely needs to detail the issues I listed above.

.
.
.
.