Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

We have had a tenant since April. Since then, she has not paid

We have had a tenant since April. Since then, she has not paid her rent on time. It is usually paid by the 3rd or 4th week of the month. Nothing has been paid towards the security deposit. She has now had her cell phone turned off so we can't call her. How do we go about evicting her? She lives there with her boyfriend (his name is XXXXX XXXXX the lease) and their 2 children. The house is in Camden County, NJ. Thank you.

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. If I have not Answered your question, please let me know and I will be glad to explain further,

Q. Does your written lease state that she must pay a security deposit ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Thank you for your reply,

In order to evict your tenant, you must file a Summons and Complaint in the Superior Court, Special Civil Part, Landlord-Tenant Division in the County where the rental property is located. You can get the Summons and Complaint forms from the Office of the Clerk in the Special Civil Part.

Fill out the forms and ask for a "Judgment of Possession". Where the form asks you for the reason for the eviction, write in the words "Non-Payment of Rent". Return the original and 2 copies of the Summons and Complaint to the Office of the Clerk in the Special Civil Part. The Court Clerk's Office will notify you and the tenant of the hearing date.

Three days after the hearing date, go back to the Court and ask the Court to issue a Warrant of Removal. That will be served on the tenant. If they do not leave, then you wait another 3 business days from the date the Warrant of Removal was served on the tenant, then call the Court to schedule a Court Officer to come and remove the tenant.

_________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the Office of the Clerk in the Special Civil Part located? is in in my township office or the county court office? Also, we never filed any paper work with our township when we rented this property. Will this cause us any problems?

In which County of New Jersey is the rental property located ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Camden County, NJ

Here is the address of the Superior Court, Special Civil Part, Camden County. You can call for driving directions and also to ask the Room number of the Court Clerk's Office for Landlord-Tenant. They did not have that information on their website,

HALL OF JUSTICE
101 SOUTH 5TH STREET - SUITE 150
CAMDEN, NJNNN-NN-NNNN/p>

HOURS: 8:30 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M.

Phone(NNN) NNN-NNNN

______________________________________________________________________

ANDREA