Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My 18 year old daughter is at a two week summer program at

My 18 year old daughter is at a two week summer program at a VT college. I am in MA & am an attorney (real estate - not litigation). She was what I would call assaulted last night by another student - unwanted physical touching, she told him to stop he didn't but she got away & reported it to the college. He's still there & has not been kicked out. I think she should file a police report if the college does not take disciplinary action. What's the best way to go about this? And if the college does nothing, what rights might she have against them?
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

To whom at the school did she report this information?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She reported it to the Resident Dean.

Thank you for the information.

If the Resident Dean is not doing anything, then she needs to go a higher up. Then if something is still not done, she can then file report with the Police. However, since this just happened last night, she should give the school a chance to address it before going to the authorities. The school cannot just kick the other student out without proper investigation. Even if she files a report with the Police, the Police must still conduct thorough investigation before taking any action against the other student.