TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Slanderous awful comments have been said about myself and my

Customer Question

Slanderous awful comments have been said about myself and my husband. Both publicly and in a group private message. I only have a copy of the group private message. My husband and I both work for the Department of Defense. I want protection. I can't take this anymore.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Can you go into a little more detail?

For example, who is slandering you and your husband? I don't mean their names ... but what is their relationship to you (e.g., co-workers, neighbors, etc.)?

What kinds of things were said about you and your husband?

What kinds of injuries have you suffered as a result of the slander? I don't mean physical (since I presume there are none), but have you suffered professionally (e.g., failed to get a promotion or raise, looked down upon at work, etc.)?

Were the slanderous words posted on Facebook for anybody to see?

Thank you for providing more information. I'll do my best to give you some options when I know a little more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is all because my husband and I, gave Daisy May (Debbie) money, when she was having a hard time. We did it from our hearts. I only know her from FB and other Forum.

Thank you so much. I am so sad. The two individuals on FB are named Daisy May, and Nanci Lynn. In the group conversation, Daisy May refers someone to her public facebook page, where she posted these things about me. Here is the group conversation.

Lucy-Lu Barron

Leah, these woman know the REAL Christine Mia - she is NOT as she pretends to be. Please beware of that. <3

• Leah Oxford Mclaughlin

What is the problem?? You are scaring me!!! I live a simple southern life, and this is too much for me!!!

I have not heard from her in a long time!! She use to pm me but has done so in a long time!!! As a matter-of-fact I have not seen her on facebook!! Wonder if I am blocked!!

meant to say has NOT done so

• Lucy-Lu Barron

Well, trust me, I was SHOCKED - Nanci is scared to death of her - Christines husband has a weapon charge against him and Christine has a record also!

• Leah Oxford Mclaughlin

Thanks for the info!!! This makes me so sad!!!!

• Lucy-Lu Barron

Christine only for DUI and a drug charge - but, my heavens -

Yes, I was/am sad about it also!

• Leah Oxford Mclaughlin

It breaks my heart!!! I use to love our cottage!!!

• Lucy-Lu Barron

Daisy May - had to have the police call Christine just last week - it's VERY sad.

• Leah Oxford Mclaughlin

Who is Daisy May???? Again what is going on??? I need to go the barn to get meat for supper but am greatly upset over this!!

• Nanci Lynn

Daisy May is Debbie my best friend for four years. Christine is a deranged sad case .. It's tragic

• Leah Oxford Mclaughlin

Please tell me what is going on Nanci!!!

• Leah Oxford Mclaughlin

Christine was always so sweet to me!!! However I only know her on line!!!

• Leah Oxford Mclaughlin

I am not your smartest person and trust everyone!!! Gosh I entertained drug dealers and never new!!!! A plane landed in our pasture and they came up to the house. I welcomed them in had lunch and packed a to go dinner for them!! Another long story I will have to tell you one day!!! Anyway I love everyone and HATE hearing this!!

• Nanci Lynn

Christine and her husband both have criminal records ...Debbie is a Private Eye.. She found all if it..

• Leah Oxford Mclaughlin

Oh my that scares me!!! I am NOT use to this!!!!

• Nanci Lynn

Nor am I.. I am horrified and her husband called a CU**... A word I never use!! VILE!!

• Leah Oxford Mclaughlin

Gosh that sounds bad!!! What does CU mean????

• Daisy May

Leah, The whole thing is disgusting. The crux of the issue is that Nanci and I have always been there for her and I thought of her as a loving and sincere friend. She was lying, causing drama and could't keep track as to what she would say. So when I went to Target, out of no where, I get a call from her husband, threatenng me, calling Nanci and I a C word etc, while she was on the other end of the phone lstening in. I was begging for a reason why never to get it. When I told them to never call me again and then told her that her husband ruined her friendship, she told me off and started blaming me for what her husband did. I was done. hung up and both of them called me more than 20 times that day. My son over heard the whole thing, the neighbor did to when I got back home.. so did half of target when I was there. Ever since then, she would lie and spread rumors behind my back and then leave me "love" voicemails and emails... despite my sending her a cease and desist from m lawyer and calling the police to end her and her husbands threats and harassment.

• Daisy May

I am just done. I have enough drama in my life from my husbands ex and that is a drama I can not control but with those who call me their friend and do that crap they do,I have thepower to remove them and so I did. I just want peace and a happy life and sadly sometimes you have to weed those who dont wish that in your life, know what I mean and that is what I did.

• Daisy May

I wish her and her husband nothingbut happiness but I don't want to be part of it. She sincerely XXXXX XXXXX move on with her life. I am so sorry that you are hearing all of this and don't know why you are but I am sure Allie has valid reasons.

• Leah Oxford Mclaughlin

Oh this is all new to me!!! I have a very sheltered life and do not quite understand!!! I love people but now see there are some terrible people in this world!!! My life has always been about love and trying to help people!! How I wish I knew the answer to this for it is far above me!! Please know that I care and would love to help if I can!!! Life is too short to not care about those around us!!!

• Daisy May

I am the same way Leah. I just want peace and a drama free life but sadly sometimes you will run into a person why wont allow it. I have that with my husband's ex... she wont allow peace in my life or happiness and does her best to ruin it.... which I cannot control and have to ignore and turn the other cheek. I have encountered others like that as well but those others I can chose to be around and I can't have them around right now. Sorry, breaking out in hives from stress, losing sleep and ect is not fun and I don't want it anymore in my life. It is just not healthy for me right now because I have too much stress on my plate and that stress has caused me to break out in hives. There is a time and place for all things and right now is not the time for me. I just need to be surrounded by those who don't speak ill about me and are true. Those that truely love me.

You seem like a sweetheart and Nanci speaks so highly of you and would love to get to know you better. I need positive people in my life right now. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

• Leah Oxford Mclaughlin

Oh how I would love to help!!! Of course I do not understand all that you are saying but please know that I care!!! Again life is so short and we need to be there for those who are hurting. The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful life and family!! How I would love to have you -Nancy and Alley to visit me one day!! I live a very simple country life but it is so good for the soul!!! Hope to get to know you better!!

• Leah Oxford Mclaughlin

P.S. God loves you and so do I!!!

• Daisy May

That would be wonderful to come and visit, meet you and Allie and see Nanci again. Thank you for your kind words.

• Leah Oxford Mclaughlin

Lets do that!!! It would be so much fun!!! Look forward to getting to know you better!!!

• Nanci Lynn

Debbie and I get to see each other this Saturday!!

• Leah Oxford Mclaughlin

Yeah!!! Enjoy each other and stand behind them!!! I am so glad you will be together!!! Have fun!! Again hope to meet you one day!!!

• Nanci Lynn

We will I feel it. Am hoping to see Allie very soon too..

• Leah Oxford Mclaughlin

Please give Allie my love!!! Hugs!!!

• Wednesday
  • WedLucy-Lu Barronadded you.
  • Lucy-Lu Barron

I'm NOT proud of falling for their antics!

Can you see the past post's?

• Christine Mia

My darling Allie, yes I can, and once again, thank you for watching out for me. The only one that did.

• Lucy-Lu Barron

Christine, THEY can see everything you write - be careful.

• Christine Mia

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX you and I don't care!

• Christine Mia

My reply to those who believed this nonsense. Not you Allie.

Christine Mia

I love you. I am SO grateful to you. Do not feel bad at all. You were the only one, who looked out for me. I have not read it yet, but it will never change how I feel for you, and how grateful to you, I am for sharing with me. Thank you so much. Going to read now, but please worry not. I LOVE YOU!

.

...

2:32pm

Christine Mia

Allie, again, I am very grateful to you. Truly.

.

...

2:38pm

Christine Mia

Hubby just calmed me down. First and foremost, I promise you with all my heart, that NO WAY, EVER did Debbie and I ever have a conversation about you. I have never been so hurt in all my life. Think about it, if she was not talking to me, calling the police, had me blocked, how in the world could I be "working" with her, against you. Her words don't even make any sense.

.

...

2:41pm

Christine Mia

The truth is, no Debbie, I am not the one hiding anything, but she was I guess mortified that she thought, I was spreading all around, what my husband and I did for her out of love and care for another human being. Every word she said is a complete lie. I did not get my driver's license until I was 45 and my husband never had ANY run-ins with the police or anything NOR DID I EVER DO DRUGS.

.

...

2:50pm

Christine Mia

She never sent anything to me in the mail, the police most certainly did not say that. I am just sick about this, and I am so not pleased, at all, with anyone, except you, who saw this nonsense, met me, or talked to me, and can tell these are nothing but lies, and said absolutely nothing to me. Allie I do not mind at all being called names. But DO NOT ever question my intergirty, or my husbands, or say anything about my babies or my loved ones. Those are hot spots for me. Thank you again, for sharing this with me. Thank you so very much.

.

...

3:03pm

Lucy-Lu Barron

CM - they can see things that you write 0 so, please be careful -

.

...

3:04pm

Christine Mia

I know angel. Love you. Hubby talked to the attorney's at work already.

.

I thought it was a Federal Crime to slander a Federal Employee, but it's not. It's civil. But I am not a sue person. Just so sad, mad, how can I not be. I will chill though.

.

...

Seen 3:06pm

.

.

.

.

• WedNanci Lynn left the conversation.
  • Lucy-Lu Barron

Don't worry Christine, Jeff has assured me that she's NUTS

• Lucy-Lu Barron

Christine and I were talking - you can talk yourself out of the conversation - under actions - leave conversation.

Take yourself, not talk yourself :)

OK Leah!!!!!!! Why so many exclamation marks - that drives me BATTY!

• Leah Oxford Mclaughlin

No I care about Christine as I have always told you, Allie. I also care about you!!! Like I have always said life is too short to be mean or to spread rumors. We all have our problems and we NEED to be there for each other. Lets just love and be happy so our fluffs will be happy. Christine has always shown nothing but love and concern to me. I know you have told before how you HATE !!! and friend you are so right. I will tell my english knowledge one day. My english teacher was our cheerleader sponsor and gave me straight A's and I NEVER learn a thing. Oh boy did that catch up with me in college.

• Thursday
  • Christine Mia

No problem at all. Hugs all around. Upset and hurt at first, but it's okay. Oh I forgot, shocked too :) But it's the internet, what can you do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just want to make sure you received my response. No, none of what is said about myself and my husband is true. This is all so sad, and just not right. I can't remember my password on Just Answer, but my e-mail address is XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
?????? He went off-line?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
I never got an answer. They just went off line
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again.

I'm sorry, but I can't really make sense of your response. It appears that you may have posted some of the statements that were made online, but I'd prefer if you could answer the specific questions that I posed. If you can do that, then I can provide an answer and hopefully help you deal with this situation.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's late, I'm tired, I was brought into the conversation two days ago, what are your questions?

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. I previously asked the following:

"Can you go into a little more detail?

Were the slanderous words posted on Facebook for anybody to see?"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was accused of a DUI and a Drug charge. NEVER happened.

My husband was accused of having a weapons charge NEVER HAPPENED.

Our job does background checks. How was I injured. I have Chronic Lyme disease, and has caused major flare ups. I need to go to bed now. This is just so unjust.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again.

I'll explain exactly what slander is so that you have a frame of reference as I explain some options. Slander occurs when a defendant makes a false statement about a plaintiff to a third party, and the plaintiff's reputation is damaged as a result of the false statement. Accordingly, if the defendant in your case made those false accusations about you to a third party, and if your reputation was harmed, then you may have recourse.

People who are slandered generally take one of two approaches, both of which require retaining an attorney. The first approach is to have the attorney send the defendant a cease and desist letter. The cease and desist letter is basically a letter which threatens legal action if the defendant does not immediately stop the slander. This approach is generally used when the goal is not necessarily to get money, but just to get the person to stop the slander so you can get on with your life. This approach is inexpensive when compared to suing. Of course, if your reputation has already been damaged such that you have suffered monetarily, then this approach may not be enough for you, and you may wish to consider the second approach, which is to sue. In a lawsuit, you'd need to prove facts that support the legal definition of slander (as posted above). Unfortunately, you would need to pay for the attorney out of your own pocket, and a slander lawsuit can become quite expensive ($10,000 - $20,000 would not be out of the question depending on the amount of work the lawsuit takes). Accordingly, a lawsuit should really be a last resort. But in some cases, it is the only option because the damage has already been done, or because the defendant refuses to stop the slander. After all, if your job is in jeopardy, then a lawsuit would likely be worthwhile since your job is surely worth more than the attorney's fees. As part of the lawsuit, you can not only ask for money damages, but you can also ask for an injunction. An injunction is a court order that commands a party to do or not do something. In this case, you could ask the court to order the defendant to stop the slanderous remarks. A failure to comply with the court's order can result in fines and even jail.

If you would like to pursue either of the options I listed above, you should contact your county's bar association, and ask for a referral to a local attorney who handles defamation cases.

Does that help? Please let me know if you need further clarification, as I am happy to continue assisting you.