LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Is there anything a homeowner can do when their mortagage company

Is there anything a homeowner can do when their mortagage company refuses to lower you mtg rate with the interest rates so low right now?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good evening. Is there any equity in the home or is more owed then what it is worth?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
More is owed then it is worth at this time
Thank you for the additional information. A lender can not be forced to modify a loan and it is something which is at their sole discretion. Situations like your are very common, where you have a homeowner who has been doing the right thing, making all their payments, has not allowed the loan to go into default and is a victim of the market conditions. However, there are possible options through HARP and here is the link with their information, based upon your situation, if you qualify.

http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/programs/fallen-value-help/Pages/default.aspx