Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

If I make a will in either NY or FL is it binding in either

If I make a will in either NY or FL is it binding in either state? Are
the inheritance laws much different?

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thank you for requesting my assistance. I am an attorney licensed in both New York and Florida. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

A will that is valid in the state in which it is executed (signed) is valid in both New York and Florida. Therefore your New York or Florida will would be valid in both states.

The intestacy or inheritance laws are somewhat similar but not identical for both states. The intestacy laws are only applicable when there is not a will. Thus, if you have a will, the intestacy laws do not apply to your situation.

I would be glad to continue our conversation and respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.

Thank you so much Mary Ann for the "excellent service" rating and the bonus!
I just want to let you know that I answered your other question over 30 min. ago. I could see that you are on line but did not view the answer. Here is the link in the event there is some technical difficulty: