TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

Suffered a minor heart attack while working in Maryland on

Suffered a minor heart attack while working in Maryland on July 19, 2013. Was admitted to hospital and following an angeogram I was given a Stent to open a partially blocked artery. I only missed 2 days of work and have been cleared for 2 weeks of light duty. Do I have a right to have help with medical bills as the company doen't offer health insurance?

Thank you for your question.

Whether or not the medical bills are going to be covered by workers compensation will depend on whether or not you can prove that your heart attack was caused by your work, rather than a pre-existing condition.

The only way you can find out is to proceed with filing a workers compensation claim and asking for a determination. It would be helpful if you had a doctor who is treating you to express an opinion that the heart attack was caused by your work.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,