LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  8+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

my son got arrested for assault-while waiting in the courthouse

my son got arrested for assault-while waiting in the courthouse hallway the deputy balif came out and pointed the alleged victim out to the cops working metal detectors,the two cops started talking about the case.the bigger cop stated my son beat the hell out of her and then the judge came out in the hallway and said "yeah he broke her eye socket".all this is taking place in the main hallway where everyone waits for court.i went up to the bigger cop and told him he should not be talking about the case and that is not what happened-he looked at me and pointed his finger at me and said to me"you need to shut up stop eavesdropping and mind my own business and sit down" just wanted to know if this is okay behavior for court employees thanks Elizabeth wilkinson
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. Why was the victim and your son in the same place? When was your son arrested? Did the cops or Judge see the alleged assault?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We were at the courthouse for his preliminary hearing - my question is regarding the total lack professionalism on the part of the law enforcement people (especially the deputies assigned to the courthouse - and how they treated me, personally.

It was reprehensible. Do I have any recourse - who can I file a complaint with regarding that behavior - or should I at all?

The actual assault my son was charged with didn't happen at the courthouse.

Thank you for the additional information. The Judge presiding over the case certainly should not have made any comment on the case, considering that he/she was not present and is only relying on the report, in regard to what happened. The Judge needs to remain neutral. If you think the actions of the Judge were inappropriate, you could certainly file a complaint. As far as the deputies, you do have a right to file a complaint about their actions as well, with their department and allow them to investigate and determine if any action should be taken. Again, they should not be commenting of a case and creating unnecessary problems. The way they responded to you was not necessarily professional as well. In this case, it is certainly at your discretion to file a complaint and see if any actions or reprimand will be taken again them. That would be the extend of the consequences and it would not appear you had any legal basis to sue.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Who would I file a complaint about the judge with? Thank you.

Here is a link with that information and the process.

http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/DisciplinarySys/odc/complaint.asp
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience: 8+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.