Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

i am not clear about whether or not we, her parents can STOP

i am not clear about whether or not we, her parents can STOP proceedings at juvenile court hearing and request a court appointed attorney if things are not going well and we are in disagreement with decisions made on behalf of our daughter, or do we just have to sit there and take whatever is dished out to us/daughter by all parties, including judge??

Thank you for requesting me to assist you further.

My apologies but you cannot stop proceedings once they started. You likewise cannot request a court-appointed attorney when the hearing is already taking place. You can object if you believe that the comments are beyond the scope or untrue, but beyond that the judge will listen to all sides, yours, the minors, the other side (if there is one). You can later appeal if you disagree with the judge's decision, but you cannot simply stop the process once it's started. If you are that concerned consider bringing an attorney with you, as you would not be able to obtain one at the hearing.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how long does an "appeal" usually take in juvenile court? and will any decisions made by judge with regard to my daughter (ie, forced meds at residential treatment center) remain in force till appeal decision has been made?

also, i just realized that i did not use "reply to expert" but accidently posed new question. i hope this will not occur any additional charges as i believe i had signed on to free 7 days/1 month plan for $53.00?

i also paid 53.00 for 1 question a few days ago before i realized you had a one month plan for same price!

thanks!

Lora,

I will respond to each point in your follow-up.

You asked:

An appeal must be filed within 30 days, but it can take 3 months to just have a new judge hear the case, let alone overcome it. Any decisions made by the judge will remain in force until successfully appealed, or if the judge herself chooses to set them aside.

If you signed up for an unlimited plan, no other charges will take place. But to permit me to get compensated, you would still need to positively rate my answers to you.

If you are not sure about what plan you have, I can have the moderators assist you--I have no information here as to your plan because I am a legal professional and do not work for the site.

Also, it is very late here and I will be logging off to get some rest. Should you have further follow-up concerns, I promise to respond to them in the morning when I log back in. Please take care!