Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

My local area has a downtown city law library and a university

My local area has a downtown city law library and a university law library. Will either of these allow patrons to check books out, or do all books remain at the library?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Almost none of the law libraries permit you to check books out. Instead the libraries permit you to research and use their copy machines as a means of copying out information that you deem to be relevant. While you can ask each library if they would permit you to check books out, I have yet to use a law library that permitted reference materials to be taken out of the premises.

Good luck.