Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.

Can someone help me draw up an generic affidavit?

Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

What are you looking to accomplish with the affidavit? What court, government agency, or what party would it be submitted to?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a statement to the court about a sequence of events that occurred, upon which the affidavit would serve as my testimony

Ok, but what type of case? Also, please forgive any delay in responding. It is a little busy tonight with other customers that I am responding to and since I will need to write out a sample for you, please give me a little time. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's going to be a civil case

Are you a party to the action or just a witness?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just a witness

One last question for you (I hope) so that I can give you the correct example, is it or will it be a state civil case or a federal civil case?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, here is a sample that I believe that you can cut and paste and also, do not worry about getting it exact. You are a witness, not a party, and you are self-represented, so they should not be that strict as to the form that you submit your Affidavit in (choose County Court or District Court and erase the one that it is not:

County Court District Court

__________________ County, Colorado

Court Address:

Attorney or Party Without Attorney (Name and Address):

Phone Number: E-mail:

FAX Number: Atty. Reg. #:

Case Number:

Division Courtroom

I ________[your name]________________________________________, declare under oath that I am 18 years or older and not a party to the action and I state the following:

1. [divide each of your statements into bullet numbered points, the simpler it is to read, the better it is]

6. [and keep adding numbers until you are done]

I declare under penalty of perjury that I have read this affidavit and the statements contained are true to the best of my knowledge.

______________________________________ Name (Print or type)

Subscribed and affirmed, or sworn to before me in the County of ______________________, State of _______________, this ___________ day of _______________, 20 _______.

My Commission Expires: ________________________ ___________________________________________ Notary Public

That should be more than enough.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Perfect, thanks for your help! Who can notarize this for me?

Any notary that is not a relative of yours or a party to the case.